In 2010, Many Point introduced an updated, modern version of a camp advancement program that was used from 1923 to the mid-1960's. The requirements are published in a small booklet that is available at camp for Scouts to track their progress.
The purpose of the Many Point Camp Honors Program is to:
- Encourage Scouts to participate with the troop year-round
- Encourage summer camp attendance
- Encourage participation in all aspects of program that Many Point has to offer
- Encourage Scout advancement
- Encourage boy leadership
- Prepare Scouts for future leadership opportunities such as serving on camp staff
There are nine "ranks," and Scouts may earn up to two per year. Components of the recognition system
are available for purchase at camp in the Many Point Trading Posts.