Thanks for making a reservation at Many Point Scout Camp. The following tabs are full of information for how to prepare for camp.
STEP 1: MANAGE YOUR RESERVATION
You can update your estimated counts and add additional email contacts to receive updates from camp.
STEP 2: REVIEW PROGRAMS
At Many Point, there are a lot of programs. Program information can be found in the program menu of this website. The program catalog can be printed into fliers to share with your Scouts.
STEP 3: ATTEND OR VIEW SUMMER CAMP ORIENTATION
Each winter we host a orientation meeting to roll out new programs, distribute planning packets, review procedures/planning steps, and answer questions. If you don’t live near our council headquarters you can watch the live feed through our Facebook page. Please mark your calendars for this event.
STEP 4: PROMOTE CAMP TO YOUR FAMILIES
Make sure you families understand the value and importance of summer camp. They need to know about all the opportunities that camp has to offer. Make sure they know there is something for everyone and that each year is different.
STEP 5: JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Stay informed and don’t miss a thing. We send out regular emails leading up to the summer to remind you of key deadlines and announce new things and resources.
STEP 6: REVIEW CAMP CHECKLIST & KEY DATES
There are a few key deadline leading up the summer. Please review on the next tabs.
Offseason Preparations (Offseason Preparations)
- Confirming your reservation, add contacts to your reservation
- Everything your unit must provide, Rules and Policies
- Share Health and Safety information & COVID-19 information.
- Share Camp Fees and Payment Schedule
- Share Family Camp Opportunity with Parents of Scouts
- Share your sub camp with your unit
- Solidify plans for two summers from now
Offseason Preparations (Commitments and Registration)
- Review Program Catalog
- Share Custom Camp T-Shirts
- Determine arrival time to Many Point and organize Carpool / Driver
- Determine Swim Qualification plans
- Share Living with Animals information (ticks, bears, mosquitos, bats)
- Advertise Work Party opportunity to unit
- Submit Final Payment
Offseason Preparations (Three Weeks prior to departure)
- Share with parents how to contact Many Point
- Share Packing list with participants.
- Request attendees Dietary Restrictions
- Contact local OA Chapter for call out names
- Reviews Blackpug Summer Camp information and ensure accuracy
Offseason Preparations (Two Weeks prior to departure)
- Submit Equipment Request through blackpug
- Collect PWC release statements
- Collect ATV release statements
- Collect blank check from Treasurer
- Collect Shooting Sports Permission forms
- Locate Copy of units insurance certificate (non-Northern Star Council Units)
- Complete Meal Count Sheet
Departing for Camp
- Share with parents Travel plans to Many Point
- Documents to have ready upon arrival
Heading Home from Camp
- February 1: 2021 Summer Camp Orientation
- February 15: 2022 Priority Campsite Reservations Open
- April 1: Older Scout Program Registration Opens
- April 15: $25 Youth Deposit Due for every youth participant
- April 15: Tier 2 Older Scout Program Requests Due
- April 16: Older Scout Program Requests become first come, first served
- May 1: 2022 Campsite Reservations become first come, first serve
- June 1: 2021 Full Payment Due
- Friday before your Camp Week: Merit Badge requests, Unit Afternoon Programs, and Tier 1 Older Scout Program requests due.
Black Pug How To
In 2021 we are transitioning from SCMS to Black Pug Summer Camp. All you need to do in Black Pug currently is review your estimated counts and add unit contact emails as you’d like. When program registration opens, we will have more information available. You can use the buttons below to get to your blackpug registration. Click on “Lookup” then “Lookup Registration” in the top right corner and enter your registration number and email. If you can’t find, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.