INTENT OF THIS DESCRIPTION
Sometimes the Scoutmaster is the unit contact that receives this packet. The description below is intended to assist the Scoutmaster in identifying and explaining the role of a Summer Camp Coordinator to themselves or a volunteer taking on this important role.
Volunteer with Scouting Unit attending Many Point Scout Camp
Serve as primary coordinator for preparations for units Many Point experience
- Utilizing resources outlined in this guide, inspire Scouts to attend Many Point Scout Camp
- Recruit Adult Leaders and Parents to serve in support roles such as “merit badge coordinator, older Scout
- coordinator, carpool coordinator, etc…
- Serve as the voice of information from Many Point to entire unit
- Ensure unit has safe travel plans to and from Many Point, and entire unit is aware of schedule
- Collect necessary documents from Scouts, Leaders, and Parents.
- Submit necessary information to camp as it is due.
- Coordinate with unit treasurer to ensure payments are submitted on time to Many Point
- Coordinate collection and distribution of merit badges and awards earned at Camp
- Review emails from Many Point and share relevant information
Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Problem Solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to recruit fellow adult leaders for support
- Responsible and mature
- Strong time management and flexibility
On average, Summer Camp Coordinators are spending one hour a week on preparations